Already have a Username/Password for West Africa Review?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- By submitting your work, you have transferred exclusive copyright to the journal and its publisher.
Completing Your Paper Submission
By clicking the check box below on this page during submission, you have conferred exclusive copyright option to Africa Resource Center, Inc. If you choose Option 2 or Option 3, you have to send the payment with your copyright agreement before review can start.
The full complement of copyright options is presented below. These are:
1. $0 per article if exclusive copyright is given to ARC. Contributors will always have access to their papers through their login registration. In addition, they will be given a one-month courtesy subscription to the issue to which they contributed, to the other issues of the journal to which they contributed, and to other ARC journals and databases. They can always download their own article for free. Furthermore, the title and abstract of the articles will always be open access, and will come up on search queries on a number of platforms--the journal site, africaresource.com, Google, RSS feeds, and other search engines, establishing to any independent professional reviewer that the article is actually in print.
2. $2,500 per article if a nonexclusive copyright is given to ARC (such a license will allow ARC to reproduce the article for its own projects such as edited books or anthologies). This fee enables ARC to recoup part of its production costs and to perpetually host the article. Contributors will have a one-month courtesy subscription to ARC journals. In addition, the title and abstract of the articles will come up on search queries on a number of platforms--the journal site, africaresource.com, Google, RSS feeds, and other search engines, establishing to any independent professional reviewer that the article is actually in print.
3. Open access option: a one-time payment of $4,500 per article if authors want their articles to be freely available under the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/). With this license, authors retain ownership of their article, but anyone can download, reuse, reprint, distribute, and/or copy articles for non-commercial purposes, so long as the author and source are cited. No permission is required from the author or the publisher. These open access articles will be freely available on the journal website immediately after publication. All applicable fees are charged after an article is accepted for publication to ensure that monetary consideration does not determine the acceptance/rejection of an article and that acceptance is solely based on merit.
Copyright Copyright control has become crucial to the survival of ARC journals, given that it is the only way to grow the journals. Submission of article for review and possible publication cannot occur unless an author indicates that she/he gives ARC either exclusive copyright to an essay with no fee, or nonexclusive copyright with half the production fee of $2,500, or they agree to pay the full production fee of $4,500 for their works to be freely available. For those essays that ARC receives copyright control, an author will automatically receive permission to use the published article in her/his own book if approached. A percentage of permission fee will also be paid to the author after publication, technology, administrative, and overhead costs have been deducted. For those who opt to pay the $2,500 production cost of nonexclusive copyright articles or the $4,500 production cost for open access, if they fail to do so immediately upon being informed of the acceptance of their article, of if they try to withdraw their paper after being informed of its acceptance, the zero dollar production cost option will automatically apply and ARC will become the copyright holder.
ARC Publishing Agreement
By submitting this Publishing Agreement, you grant to Africa Resource Center, Inc., the sole and exclusive, irrevocable royalty-free, right to publish, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, store, translate, perform, create derivative works from and otherwise use your Article or Contribution in any form, manner, format, platform, or medium, whether now known or hereafter developed, throughout the world and in any language, for the entire term of any such right and any renewal or extension thereof and to permit/sub-license to others any or all of the foregoing as well.
The rights of Africa Resource Center, Inc. include but are not limited to the following: (1) to publish the Article or Contribution in any media, whether paper or electronic; (2) to license abstracts, quotations, extracts, reprints, and/or translations of the Article or Contribution for publication; (3) to license reprints of the Article or Contribution to third persons; (4) to license others to create abstracts of the Article or Contribution and to index the Article or Contribution; (5) to license secondary publishers to reproduce the Article or Contribution in print, microfilm, or any computer-readable form, including electronic online databases; and (6) to license the Article or Contribution for document delivery.
You warrant and represent that:
1. Your Article or Contribution is original, and that you have not previously published, or agreed to publish, your Article or Contribution in whole or in part elsewhere.
2. The contents or facts of the Article or Contribution are true and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
3. None of the data or other contents have been fabricated, manipulated, falsified, or altered in any way that would misrepresent the actual findings.
4. All authors take responsibility for the accuracy and interpretations of the findings.
5. The Article or Contribution is free of plagiarism or other scientific misconduct.
6. The Article or Contribution does not, to the best of your knowledge, contain anything which is libelous, illegal, or infringes anyone's copyright or other rights.
7. If the Article or Contribution includes any materials owned by or regulated by a third party, you have gained permission of the owners of the copyright in all such materials to enable them to grant the rights contained herein.
8. You warrant and represent that you have the full right, power and authority to enter into this agreement on behalf of the authors.
9. This agreement shall remain in effect for the duration of the copyright and may not be revoked without the express written agreement of both parties.
10. This agreement shall be governed and construed, in accordance with the laws of the state of New York, USA, without resort to the conflicts of laws principles thereof.
11. The authors shall for all purposes be considered an independent contractor and nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to place the parties in the relationship of employer-employee, principal-agent, partners or joint ventures.
12. The authors cannot post the PDF of their article, generated by the journals or databases, on any public website, university website, repository, or any personal websites.
13. The purpose of this document is to transfer the copyright of your Article or Contribution and all portions thereof (whether in printed, electronic or any other form now known or hereafter developed to Africa Resource Center, Inc., the publisher. The completion and submission of this Publishing Agreement constitutes your acceptance of the terms of this Agreement.
Authors and Professional Editing
All manuscripts must meet professional standards before submission to ARC. Poorly written quality essays with grammatical errors will not be sent out for peer reviews. All accepted papers must be professionally edited by contributors before they will be processed and prepared for publication. There are many online professional editing services that maintain rapid electronic submission and turn-around times. Quality editorial services in house, but at a cost. A list of other professional editors will be available on the site. Authors may use these services to improve their paper’s English and its overall quality. They should contact these editing services and pay them directly for their services. Those who prefer to use the services of editors in their cities can do so provided the edited work meets professional standards and journal editors’ approval. If you would like to add the firm of your favorite editor listed, please send it along.
The Africa Resource Knowledge Project is committed to safeguarding the privacy of its members as well as visitors to its website, and adheres to the following policies regarding communications as well as the gathering and dissemination of personal information.
The ARC Knowledge Project is committed to the value of privacy. As you use our websites, you may be prompted to enter information when you
- Create a user name and password
- Use personalization features
- Purchase a product
- Sign up for notification
- Participate in online forums or discussions
- Provide feedback
Collecting Information on Members
By necessity, the ARC Knowledge Project collects contact information on its members, including, but not limited to, name, address, telephone numbers, fax number, and e-mail address. This information is requested on the membership forms. The ARC Knowledge Project does not use any technique to collect information on its members beyond that which they freely provide us.
Collecting Information on Website Visitors
Online Credit Card Transactions
As a convenience to members and advertisers, the ARC Knowledge Project accepts online credit card transactions. The credit card information provided by users at our site is processed by PayPal, the e-commerce provider with which the ARC Knowledge Project has contracted to process the secure electronic transactions. Credit card information is not saved on the ARC Knowledge Project website or in ARC Knowledge Project databases. After the payment is processed, we get a transaction code from PayPal, but we only have access to the first and last four digits of the credit card number. The payment information collected is not used for any purpose other than to process the single authorized and recurring payment.
Credit card and other sensitive information should be submitted via the Internet only on a secure website. You can confirm that a site is secure by noting that the URL (Web address) begins with "https://" rather than just "http://" and by looking for the locked padlock at the bottom of the screen. (An unlocked padlock or an absent padlock indicates that the page is not secure.) Secure pages are necessary only when transmitting sensitive information, such as credit card numbers; you should not be concerned that ordinary pages are not secure.
The ARC Knowledge Project website contains links to other websites. The ARC Knowledge Project has no control over, and no responsibility for, the privacy practices or content of such websites.
Users who participate in ARC Knowledge Project online forums or discussions may have their messages or postings edited for size and/or content. Submissions to such forums explicitly grant such editorial rights to ARC Knowledge Project staff who reserve the right to remove inappropriate submissions. By participating in an online forum or discussion, you consent to our use or disclosure of any content you submit.
Opinions herein are those of the authors solely and do not reflect the views of the Board of JENDA, and Africa Resource Center.
Notification of Changes